Question by Miss Phalange: Is my flat infested with insects? very small, brown insects that fly. Help?
I think infested might be a little dramatic but I see one or two of them almost every single day. They are harmless, they are easy to kill and do not seem too phased by people (don’t know I that’s relevant) because you can easily kill them with a tissue. They are brown, small and can fly. What should I do? I have a fly and wasp killer spray combined together and started of by spraying my room and closing the door. I sprayed a lot.
1) Will this kill them? or is the spray only for flies and wasps?
2) Would you classify seeing one or two of them almost every single day an infestation?
3) Do I need to get pest control?
4) If not, what are my other options?
5) What bug could they be? If it helps, I live near central London.
I know this is a long question but thank you for taking the time out to read this.
Answer by lolabear
sounds like gnats -repot all houseplants & water less frequently, pour bleach down drains & replace p-traps or pipes with corrosion, have pipes snaked to get rid of clogs, check your roof for leaks, don’t leave water sitting out, and seal all cracks to the foundation & interior of the home. replace screens that have holes or are broken & keep the doors closed till you have screens that function & fit well.
Give your answer to this question below!